Actually, I finished knitting this hat last week – then I washed and blocked it, and forgot I’d left it outside to dry under the shed! I’m glad the mice and birds didn’t decide to make nests from it.
This hat used up every last bit of the dyed yarn, used to make the cowl and fingerless mitts previously (https://kayak2016blog.wordpress.com/2021/02/27/todays-completed-knitting-project/). The white was left from making the knitted gloves. I didn’t have enough of the rusty red to make the hat I wanted, with it as a lace layer over the white, so I translated the lace pattern into stranded knitting, and just followed the pattern until I ran out of the red, then knitted the top with white. I’m pleased to get one more yarn out of stash!