With the weather on the warm side, it got too hot to continue working on the heavy wool sweater that’s 2/3 done; I completed these socks instead. Pattern: my go to generic toe up sock, this time on smaller needles (size 1, instead of 2) up through the heel, then when a point broke, changed to size 2. It was my first venture doing two at a time on one circular needle; once I got going it was really easy. Yarn: something anonymous, gifted by a friend, soft and woolly – and in spite of the purple in it, I like the colors. It was completely unlabeled, but divided neatly in two in more or less the middle when I wound the skein into two balls, so it was probably intended to be sock yarn. The design was a combination of patterns from The Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible, my go to when I want something not boring to knit. I played yarn chicken, not wanting to have yarn left over – and had to find something in stash that was close enough in color to finish binding off the last two inches!
Now I’ve started knitting a monster for the great-grandson, small enough to not overheat me.